I love to travel, but I hate the checking my bags. I actually hate carrying more than a backpack when traveling. Although I do not travel and much as I would like, I have made it my mission when travel to do it as light as possible. Check out this packing list for a weekend getaway in Portland. I fit this all in your standard backpack.
- 1 Pair of Jeans
- 1 Pair of leggings (wore on the plane)
- 1 Pair of Shorts
- 1 Pair of Hiking Shorts
- 2 casual T-Shirts (one wore on the plane)
- 1 Flannel (wore on the plane)
- 1 Tank Top
- Light weight Rain Jacket (wore on plane)
- Hiking boots (wore on the plane)
- 4 Pairs of socks
PJ and Undies!
- Makeup I DIDN’t BRING ANY! Because I am beautiful just the way I am, and so are you!
- Travel brush
- Flatiron (for both straightening and curling)
- Kindle fire
- Headphones (iPhone headphones because they take up less space)
Key things to remember when traveling light:
- Most places have laundry, whether is an Airbnb or a hotel
- If you are visiting someone most likely they will be able to fulfill your toiletries needs
- Makeup takes up a lot of room and let us be honest, you don’t need it
- Packing less means more room for keepsakes from your trip